About us/Amdanom ni
The Federation of Welsh Anglers - trading as Angling Cymru - company number 06819072
Registered Office: 17 Gilbert Street, Holyhead, Anglesey, LL65 2NR
Angling Cymru is the only organisation recognised by Welsh Government, Sport Wales & the Environment Agency to represent anglers and angling in Wales. Angling Cymru is a partnership between the three National Governing Bodies - Welsh Federation of Coarse Angers, Welsh Salmon and Trout Angling Association and Welsh Federation of Sea Anglers. Angling Cymru is the new trading name for the Federation of Welsh Anglers.
Our 2012 launch mission:-
- Angling Cymru will be the voice of angling in Wales and will campaign for angling and anglers across Wales
- Angling Cymru represents over 45,000 members currently and aims to double this within 4 years
- Angling Cymru will develop new angling initiatives in Wales including a schools programme, learn to fish programme, Welsh National Fishing Week, membership schemes and much more
- Angling Cymru will support its members and clubs to become involved in its coaching and volunteering activities across Wales
- Angling Cymru will introduce a new club accreditation scheme
- Angling Cymru will expand its partnership working across the age spectrum to increase participation
- Angling Cymru will develop the competitive side of the sport
Full details of these new schemes and programmes will be set out in our new Angling Development Plan which will be launched in 2014.