Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Angling
This course was developed by the UK Angling Source Group & designed to provide those with experience of coaching to progress their coaching to to the next level. The course is designed to help learners through the principles of safe, ethical & effective management of coaching angling sessions to adults & young people in an appropriate environment.
Before applying to go on this course learners must:-
a) be at least 17 years of age when starting the course & must be 18 years of age to be certified at Level 2
b) have experience of angling in at least one angling discipline (coarse, game or sea)
c) be in possession of a Level 1 Certificate (UKCC) or Level 1 Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Statement from Angling Cymru's Approved Centre or should hold a nationally recognised coaching or teaching qualification.
d) produce certificates of attendance at an approved Safeguarding & Protecting Children course and an Emergency First Aid course that both have at least 6 months validity remaining.
The course covers both practical and theoretical elements of coaching. There are 8 Units of assessment - 4 of which are generic knowledge-specific units & 4 are angling coaching specific. The 8 Units are:
1) Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport
2) Understanding how to develop participants through coaching
3) Support participants lifestyle through coaching sport
4) Understanding the principles of safe & equitable coaching
5) Plan a series of angling coaching sessions
6) Prepare the angling coaching environment
7) Deliver a series of angling coaching sessions
8) Monitor & evaluate angling coaching sessions